Phangnga Mission Trip 2006

This site will be a contact point for the Phangnga Mission Trip 2006 team and the churches (and those praying for us) back home. Please, post comments and they'll be passed on to the team daily. In turn, we will post pictures and prayer requests throughout the week. Blessings!

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Day 3 - More fun and an adventure trip!

Today's total: 261!! We lost a few kids and gained a few for a net of approximately one. But what a blessing to see so many new smiling faces!

In both our opening and closing ceremonies, we've been doing a lot of dancing. Even the leaders are starting to get the moves down!


There are two areas I'd like to focus on today. First are games. The games guys are really working their tails off in very, very hot conditions. They've started bringing dry shirts to change into between all three groups. The leadership has redone the schedule to allow the games guys to have a break, and I'm sure it's greatly appreciated. They had a whole set of games running today, including the perennial favorite FOOTBALL! and more parachute games.

I'd also like to give a shout out to our industrious ladies at first aid. They're providing a valuable service, even if it has seemed like they're treating more workers than kids!

And now, for the entertaining story of the day. Today after camp we had an adventure trip planned to a waterfall. The plan was to load into tsongtaos (I hope I spelled it right!) and ride to where we could hike 500m to the waterfall, and go swimming. Well, we knew we were in for it when it started pouring rain on the way there. We decided to try the hike anyway, and set out. It truly was a beautiful trail and the rain, I think, made it all the more enjoyable. However, as I (Angelina) was at the back of the pack and not quite to the falls yet, I saw a bunch of boys come tearing down the mountain yelling about leeches! Apparently, there were just a TON of leeches at the waterfalls, and people were getting them all over (even the ones who hadn't been swimming!). We were fighting leeches all the way back to the bungalows, where people continued to find them on their person in the shower! It's been the talk of the camp over dinner tonight. In all seriousness, however, some of the kids (and adults too) are pretty freaked out by it. Please pray for us to find calm and peace as we sleep tonight - many of us fear leeches are still with us in the bungalows or fear nightmares tonight.

Tomorrow we celebrate Songkran in our games time. Lots of water!! The kids are genuinely learning about Jesus and the Bible - please be in prayer that this message of light reaches into the spiritual darkness of this land.

Per request, and because so many wonderful things happen in a day that I can't cover here, I'm putting some miscellaneous pictures at the end of this post. Enjoy!



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, Angelina for your work on this wonderful way of communication! Now my family can start praying in details. Tonight for sure we need to pray on healing of leeches' bites. Physically and mentally no more disturbances!! Happy to find Momo on one of the pictures. Send our love to her, please. Also will you send our encouragement to Akko for us? Considering her age, certainly she has been the encouragement to our family!
Kinue Onishi

10:38 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

Good job guys ... keep up the good work, God bless you for all your hard work in the precious harvest field of Thailand

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home